Real Food Menu for Week of 2.17.2020
Cheers to a new week of eating real food! If you are new to Arthurized Home, welcome and thank you for taking the time to read here. My intent for these menus is to provide inspiration to try new dishes while staying within the parameters of clean eating. I define that as eating foods made in nature, not in a factory. My husband and I have a high tolerance for eating the same dishes repeatedly, (see: breakfast and lunch) so this prevents us from getting stuck in a rut. Here’s what’s cooking this week:
Apple Pie Overnight Oats – New! We almost always double the cinnamon in recipes, and this one is no exception. Toss a little nutmeg in there, too. We topped these babies with chopped apples and pecan pieces.
Simple Pumpkin Soup – Easy and delicious! If you can dice an onion and open a few cans, you’ll have lunch or dinner on the table quickly. We’re have this with a side of our favorite Convert Kale Salad. I made a batch of toasted pepitas to top our pumpkin soup and some extras for snacking.
Simple Pumpkin Soup
Gluten-free, dairy-free and delicious, comfort food
- ½ c. onion, diced
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 T. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- 2.5 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian)
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk
- Garnish with pepitas, if desired
- Dice the onions and gently brown with olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Add pumpkin puree, salt, maple syrup, nutmeg cayenne and ground pepper.
- Slowly add chicken broth and coconut milk. Heat through, but do not bring to a boil. Garnish as desired and serve.
Keto Philly Cheese Steak Skillet Dinner – I’m not really a steak lover, but I could eat this one once a week. So good!
Huevos Rancheros (Without the Grain) – Simple and quick! If you’re not grain-free, serve this with a side of rice.
Weeknight Tandoori Chicken – New! I wasn’t sure what to expect with this dish. Would it be too spicy? Would hubs hate it? Not to worry, we both enjoyed it. Although, I felt it was a titch too greasy using thighs. The next time I make it, I’ll use chicken breasts. The sauce was tasty enough to eat over the spinach and rice, minus the chicken.
Harvest Minestrone Soup – Fix yo’self a bowl of comfort food. So good!
Strawberries, bananas, oranges, popcorn and these delicious pepitas:
Spicy Toasted Pepitas
Great for snacking or sprinkle on soups and salads.
- 1 heaping c. raw pepitas
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sugar (or granulated sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pinch of cayenne (or to taste)
- Drizzle olive oil into a heavy pan over medium/low heat.
- Add pepitas, sugar, salt and cayenne.
- While stirring constantly, toast until pepitas are medium brown in color. http://www.arthurizedhome.com
Keto No Bake Cookies – Hubs is craving chocolate and peanut butter; best combo ever! Even though I’m no longer doing keto, we still have and use this sweetener.
Have a great week, everybody!
Disclosure: In addition to occasional sponsored posts, Arthurized Home uses clickable affiliate links. That means that I may receive a small commission from sales at no extra charge to you. As always, my opinion is 100% my own, and I only recommend things that I truly love or use myself. Thank you for patronizing the brands that support Arthurized Home!
Copyright 2019-2021 © Arthurized Home – All Rights Reserved. This post is the original content of Arthurized Home. If you’re reading this on another site, it’s unArthurized.