I had a hot minute to pop into a thrift store on Friday evening, and scored some vintage Pyrex bowls for a Hamilton Beach mixer. I also bought a Pyrex square baker. ‘Cause I need more stuff! In my defense, I’ve already used everything but the pour bowl.
We’ve been busy in the Arthurized Home Test Kitchens, prepping 7 new recipes for this week’s menu! We’ve found several keepers and a new favorite vegetarian soup. This one will be in the rotation frequently. Let’s dive in, shall we? (To the menu, not the soup.)
Sausage Breakfast Scramble – New Recipe! Here’s a bowl of savory, comfort food for breakfast. We made the Italian version; omitting the salt and using just one half cup of cheese. But, if you like two cups, toss it in there! I don’t judge.
Lemony Avocado Tuna Salad – Mark doesn’t care for avocado, so we sub in chopped cucumber. It’s every bit as delicious.
Baked Salmon with Lemon Butter – New Recipe! The fastest entree you’ll ever throw together. You can have this in the oven in five minutes, tops! I didn’t bother to make the side of lemon butter. Because dang, that’s dedication to your butter, there. Clearly, I’m just not at that level.
Middle Eastern Chicken Kebabs – New Recipe! When we’re cooking for a crowd, we use bamboo skewers, but when it’s just the two of us, we use stainless.
Basic Tahini Sauce
Forty-Clove Chicken Filice – New Recipe! Take some help from the grocery store on this one, and buy a package of peeled garlic cloves. Ain’t nobody got time for peeling forty cloves of garlic! Don’t be afraid of all that garlic; baking just makes them sweeter. You won’t repel vampires.
Green Curry of Broccoli Soup – New Recipe! She’s no beauty queen, but if you’re looking for a mild curry, I’ve gotcha covered. Mine is the vegetarian version, topped with a little parmesan and a few toasted pepitas.
My very Americanized version of this hearty shredded beef dish.
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 package (1 oz.) dry onion soup mix – or make your own like this: https://feedingbig.com/clean-eating-onion-soup-mix.html
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 c. red wine
- 3 T. coconut oil
- 1/2 c. salsa – look for salsa with no added sugar
- 1/2 c. water – optional (I almost never add this)
- Garnishes: Any combination of sour cream, salsa, cilantro, lime wedges, shredded cheese, olives and avocado
- 3-4 cups cooked rice of your choice or cauliflower rice for low-carb
- Preheat oven to 325°. Heat oil in dutch oven, over med-high. Add beef and brown on all sides.
- Reduce heat, add onion and cook until soft but not browned.
- Add onion soup mix, wine, salsa and water (if using). Bring to a boil.
- Cover and place in preheated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Check occasionally to make sure there is sufficient liquid in the pan, add more wine if necessary.
- Shred beef before serving. Serve over rice, or cauliflower rice for low-carb. Garnish as desired. Enjoy!
Parmesan chips – New Recipe! – These chips are dangerously addictive! They would be great on a little appetizer tray. Scale this recipe to the number of servings you need. I used my 1″ cookie scoop to portion them onto the Silpat. The Silpat is great for this, because if you’re baking several batches, you won’t need a fresh piece of parchment paper each time.
Keto Key Lime Pie Jars – New Recipe! There’s no need for chemical food dyes in this pretty, green dessert. An under-ripe avocado lends unpleasant sharpness, so use a guacamole-ready avocado for smooth, buttery flavor. I used powdered Swerve in the filling and increased it slightly. Add extra lime juice to the filling if you like.
As an experiment, I pressed plastic wrap onto the surface of the filling to remove the air, and placed these in the refrigerator and freezer. These kept just fine in both places for a few days. The avocado did not oxidize at all. I imagine they would keep longer in the freezer. If they’re not eaten first!
I hope your week is off to a great start!
Disclosure: In addition to occasional sponsored posts, Arthurized Home uses clickable affiliate links. That means that I may receive a small commission from sales at no extra charge to you. As always, my opinion is 100% my own, and I only recommend things that I truly love or use myself. Thank you for patronizing the brands that support Arthurized Home!
Copyright 2019-2021 © Arthurized Home – All Rights Reserved. This post is the original content of Arthurized Home. If you’re reading this on another site, it’s unArthurized.