Here’s a fun gift idea for your honey or anyone you enjoy spending time with, really. Create a Date Night Passport for them filled with gift cards to your favorite restaurants, IOUs or tickets to events. This does not have to be expensive!
For this project, you will need:
- Slim pocket calendar or notebook with a plain cover – I found mine at the dollar store. If you don’t want the clear, plastic cover you can create your own booklet. You’ll need a piece of heavy cardstock to make a cover. The advantage to creating your own is that you can make it any size, design or theme you like.
- Sturdy white or ivory cardstock paper – a few sheets, depending on the size of the calendar. I used six pages of 8.5” x 11” cardstock cut to 6.75” x 6.5” for a total of 6 passport pages, 12 folded.
- A variety of stamps or stickers – for the book title and to mimic passport stamps on the inside pages.
- Stamping ink in black, brown, navy or dark grey
If you would rather doodle your own passport stamps, you won’t need the stamps or ink. Just grab your favorite pens or markers.
- Paper cutter or a ruler and scissors
Remove the paper calendar from the cover and measure the pages, unfolded. Cut 6 cardstock pages to that measurement. Neatly fold each page in half. If your measurements are not square, make sure to fold in the direction of the passport cover spine. Next, stamp the pages however you like. I made a page for each month of the year and stamped ornate keys, postage stamps, medallions and fleur-de-lis, using chocolate brown stamping ink.
On the passport cover, add your title. I used silver stickers to spell out “Date Night” and added a small silver flourish below the title. Assemble the pages in order inside the cover and staple down the spine.
Now comes the fun part; filling the passport! Here are some ideas:
Gift cards: Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt Shops, Book Store, Massage, Manicure/Pedicure
Tickets: Movie Theater, Sporting Events, Concerts, Live Theater, Comedy Club
IOUs: Back Rub, Breakfast in Bed, Foot Massage, A Day Trip, Hiking, Movie Night at Home, A Honey-Do Chore, Seasonal Activities (Pumpkin Patch, Fall Foliage Drive, Ice Skating, A day at the Lake or Pool, Parades, Farmer’s Market, Holiday Lights Tours) Antiquing, Thrift Shopping, Picnic in the Park
Kid’s Activities: Zoo Trip, Water Park, Go-carts, Mini Golf, Aquarium, Geocaching, Hot Chocolate Date, Run a 5k together, Science Museum
IOUs for Kids: Library Date, Build a Fort, Pillow Fight, Favorite Dinner, Favorite Dessert, Craft Day, Card/Board Game Night, Permission to Jump on the Bed, Bake Cookies together, Skip a Chore, No Rules Day (My SIL occasionally did this with our nephew)
Now it’s time to make this your own! What activities would you add to this list?
Copyright 2019 © Arthurized Home – All Rights Reserved. This post is the original content of Arthurized Home. If you’re reading this on another site, it’s unArthurized.